b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Proverbs 11:3

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Proverbs 11:3
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 07:06:38 +0200

My dear friend Karl,

firstly... how are you?

Secondly, it seems that after a long rest... we restart our usual work...
don't we?
Well, I think that you see this verse in a wrong way...

1. Which is the wrong pointing?
2. Do you really think that the words in the final part are Participles?
3. Are you sure that the first half of the verse is the subject of the
second half?
4. The translation (of the first part) you provide... misses the pronoun
represented by the final mem in TNHM... So we must understand: "The
perfection of the upright(s) guide them" (lit. will guide)...

Do you agree?

Pere Porta
(Barcelona, Catalonia, Northeastern Spain)