b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Archaebiology was Mighty

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bryant J. Williams III" <bjwvmw AT com-pair.net>
  • To: "rob acosta" <robacosta AT hotmail.com>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Archaebiology was Mighty
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 13:01:34 -0700

Dear Rob,

Thank you for the updated scientific studies and reports about the flora and
fauna of the Southern Levant with Israel in particular.

[Rob]
Two closing points. By examination of the pollen core samples of soil dating
back to 3000 BC and earlier archaeobotanist have determined the hill country
just north of Jerusalem underwent rapid deforestation beginning about 1400 BC
thruabout 1100BC.

At the same time you will read in the Ungulates piece, a great Extinction of
the
larger ungulates, the hippos and aurochs began about 1300 BC through about
800BC.

Both incidents indicate the infiltration of a large, non indigenous group into
Canaan which coincides with the invasion of the Hebrews of Joshua's time.
This
is physical, scientific evidence of an invading group, restricted to a
specific
time period that is not acknowledged by some (some claim the Hebrews were
indigenous peoples who just took over Canaan over time. The record of
deforestation tells a different story). Unfortunately many mainstream
"authorities" fail to examine the conclusions in archaeobotany, palynology and
zooarchaeology.

[Bryant]
Would have the link to the studies for the information you presented in the
previous paragraphs?

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III