b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Any systematization?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Any systematization?
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 07:43:15 +0200

I'm looking for some kind of systematization for those words that here and
there in the biblical text appear having a daguesh in their first letter
without, apparently, any good reason for it.

And so:

+WB -------- Ez 17:8
SWP ------- Ex 10:19
&)R --------- Ex 12:15
M(+ --------- Jb 24:24
M(+ --------- Hos 8:10
$M( ---------- Ez 44:5

and many others.

Would it be possible to systematize this in some way?
Does this dagesh happen whenever the preceding word ends in heh?
Does this dagesh happen whenever the preceding word ends in waw?
Does this dagesh happen whenever the preceding word ends in a vowel?
Can I find some explanation of this phenomenon in the common Hebrew
grammars?
Other thoughts?

Regards from

Pere Porta