b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 22 answering quotes

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kenneth greifer <greifer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 22 answering quotes
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 19:34:51 +0000

Pere,

It isn't vital to me that the word in Psalm 22:25 mean "answering" instead of
"affliction". I just thought it was a possibility. I think it is also
possible that the Septuagint and other translations could have guesses about
a lot of words and quotes, especially the Psalms since they were translated
into Greek about a thousand years later. That is a pretty long time to pass
down meanings of words that are only used once in the Hebrew Bible. I guess I
like to look for mistakes that have been accepted as correct for thousands
of years and this is just one of many quotes that I have looked at.

Kenneth Greifer