b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Tents = Community?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "James Spinti" <JSpinti AT Eisenbrauns.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Tents = Community?
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 09:38:40 -0400

One thing I learned in graduate school: If you want to prove something from a
cognate language, just look long enough in Arabic, and you will find it as
one of the options :)

Randomly ransacking a lexicon of a cognate language is NOT a good use of a
cognate language. You need to have at least a minimal working knowledge of
the language.

My $.015,
James

James Spinti