b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Qames hatuph - syllable and sheva

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Sébastien Louis <sebalou AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Qames hatuph - syllable and sheva
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 13:04:45 +0000

Pere,

million thanks for your explanations, very clear in this particular case. As
I'm still a beginner in biblical Hebrew, may I ask if there is a general rule
saying when we should pronounce qamats and when we should pronounce
qamats-hatuph? I thought that in every closed, unaccented syllabe, it was
qamats-hatuph. But I see that there are many exceptions and cases where it is
not the case...

Thanks again,

Sébastien Louis