b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Gen 16:12 Hand Against?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Lewis Reich" <lbr AT sprynet.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Gen 16:12 Hand Against?
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 03:48:52 -0500

Ms. Chan suggested that "'People untrammeled by earthly authority generally
end up in conflict with others' is one such bias."

As the writer of the quoted observation, I'm not sure I perceive any bias in
what seems to me a reasonably supportable sociological observation. People
who do not accept authority (and the rule of law that goes with it)
generally do end up in conflict with others. Against whom does the
observation express any bias?

Lewis Reich