b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] amateur textual criticism of the Hebrew Bible

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kenneth greifer <greifer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] amateur textual criticism of the Hebrew Bible
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 13:30:42 +0000

Experts are people who know everything that is known about a subject, but
when it comes to what is not known, they are not really experts anymore. They
are just more likely to be able to figure out the unknown information than
amateurs.

I think thousands of years ago many quotes of the Hebrew Bible were forgotten
and misunderstood. When the scribes were writing out the Bible, they did not
understand some quotes and they had to guess the meanings. I think they made
many mistakes that were accepted over time until there were no manuscripts
with the correct original version.

Some people say that there are mistakes in the Hebrew Bible, but if you check
the ancient manuscripts, you can find the correct version of everything
somewhere. I think that is not true. I think mistakes mistakes might have
been completely accepted as correct by people thousands of years ago.

I have heard some scholars and scholarly types say that they only believe
what the "data" in the Hebrew Bible shows, but the Hebrew Bible was passed
down by people, so human nature has to be considered. The "data" in the
Hebrew Bible could be corrupted and almost useless in some quotes. So as an
ignorant and arrogant amateur, I have done my own "textual criticism" of the
Hebrew Bible that you can see at my site. You can read my "book" called
"Messianic Mistakes and Misunderstandings: Why Judaism and Christianity are
both wrong about the most controversial quotes in the Hebrew Bible."

http://www.messianicmistakes.com/

I suppose you will ignore my ideas as stupid guesses, but that is OK with me.

Kenneth Greifer

What I am saying is that