b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] cognate alphabet

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Richard" <aaa AT endlyss.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] cognate alphabet
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 09:01:06 -0800

Too often the similarities are emphasized over against the differences, e.g. the alphabet and left to right reading and writing versus right to left reading<<<

I have no opinion on this matter one way or the other but find it a very interesting discussion.

But as for the Greek Left to Right thinking, Greek originally read right to left according to my information up to this point.

Kind regards,

Richard Conaway

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bryant J. Williams III" <bjwvmw AT com-pair.net>