b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] cognate alphabet

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Kevin Riley <klriley AT alphalink.com.au>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] cognate alphabet
  • Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 09:26:47 +1100

There is no evidence for the first half of your sentence, and it depends on how you understand the tower of Babel incident (God speeding up language change or creating new languages) as to whether the answer to the second half is yes or no. Again, we have no evidence on which to base an answer. So it comes down to a matter of faith, or of admitting our ignorance.

Kevin Riley