b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] rhyme and reason

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: fred burlingame <tensorpath AT gmail.com>
  • To: Paul Zellmer <pzellmer AT sc.rr.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] rhyme and reason
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 21:49:46 -0500

Hello Paul:

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate your help.

Perhaps these pausal forms or changes in vocalization substituted for the
absence of any physical markers in the beginning or ending of
written sentences.
The presence of such oral markers and the corresponding absence of written
signs, would appear further indication of the primacy of the oral language
over the written.

regards,

fred burlingame