b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] A bit of help please . . .

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Lewis Reich" <lbr AT sprynet.com>
  • To: "'B-Hebrew'" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] A bit of help please . . .
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 16:34:23 -0400

There is no Hebrew word for history, but how about Sifrael or Safrael,
alluding to the Hebrew root for a story or its telling?

Lewis Reich

________________________________
From: Shannon <robertsumner0110 AT wmconnect.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 20:43:14 -0400
To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Subject: [b-hebrew] A bit of help please . . .

Hello all,

I need a bit of creative assistance. I am working on a piece of fiction and
need a name for an angelic historian, a la the Watcher monikers in the Book
of Enoch. I know this is something of a stretch for the list. Maybe if I
present it as an exercise in vocabulary synthesis? Thanks a bunch
guys.......Robert Sumner