b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Which?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • To: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • Cc: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Which?
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 07:49:14 +0200

Yes. Thank you, Donald; thank you, George.

Regarding verb "amar", say:

Can we say that the pattern o-a is used (for dynamic position) whenever the
word lacks conjunction waw prefixed to it while pattern o-e (*) would be
only used in cases with waw prefixed?

--Samples of o-a in Gn 14:23 and Mal 1:4
--Samples of o-e in Gn 44:21 and Gn 3:2

(*) e = segol, not tsere

Pere Porta
(Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain)