b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] A question on Rashi

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: robertsumner0110 AT wmconnect.com
  • To: B-Hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] A question on Rashi
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 06:56:46 -0400

Hello all,

I have a vague memory that Rashi commented something to the effect that the
initial beit in Genesis was open on one side and closed on three signifying
that matters since creation were open to human questioning, but that which
went on before the creative moment, as well as the things above the heaven
and below the earth are off limits. I have tried to locate the source of the
insight but have had no luck. Any help would be
appreciated...............Robert Shannon Sumner