b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Blau's explanation for how ultimate stress became in Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Kevin Riley <klriley AT alphalink.com.au>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Blau's explanation for how ultimate stress became in Hebrew
  • Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 10:38:47 +1000

Karl

I have never understood what this has to do with reality. We all make decisions based on the weight of evidence, on probability - in fact, on many things that don't involve the ability to observe. Why should we restrict evidence for Hebrew at any stage to what can be observed?

When you consider that most of us here are believers of some sort, and that so much of religion is built on what cannot be observed, it just seem strange to keep coming back to this.

Kevin Riley