b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Reading Jehovah in Psalm 16:2 and in Psalm 110:1 : Reading Jehovah in Psalm

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: davedonnelly1 AT juno.com
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Reading Jehovah in Psalm 16:2 and in Psalm 110:1 : Reading Jehovah in Psalm
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 21:34:53 -0400

On Wed Jun 23 20:06:08 EDT 2010 ,
Jason Hare jaihare at gmail.com writes

Dave,

Because yod doesn't take a composite sheva.
Dave adds"I know that fact about yods not taking Compound Shewa's"

You'd know that if you would invest more in Hebrew
than the money it costs to buy grammars that sit on your shelf.
Dave adds "I know that fact about yods not taking Compound Shewa's"

Aside from the composite vs. simple sheva,
the vowels normally placed on the Tetragrammaton
(though there are exceptions of course Dave adds: ( "because 6 different
variants of YHWH occur in the Leningrad Codex of 1008-1010 A.D." )
are the same as the vowels on the word ???? with kamats in the final
syllable.

Jason Hare
Rehovot, Israel
__

Jason,

If you believe that the vowels in Hebrew Word #3068 truly represent the
vowels of Adonai,
and that the Masoretes placed those particular vowels in to Hebrew Word
to indicate to you and to Steve Miller that you were not to read Hebrew
Word #3068 as "Jehovah"
if Hebrew Word #3068 had actually occurred in Psalm:110:1, which of
course it didn't!!!!!!
AND
to indicate to you and Steve Miller that you were not to read Hebrew Word
#3068 as "Jehovah"
if Hebrew Word #3068 had actually occurred in Psalm:16:2, which of course
it didn't!!!!!!

I assume that everyone here knows that six different variants of YHWH
occur in the Leningrad Codex of 1008-1010 A.D.

Jason,
Were you and Steve Miller following definite Hebrew Grammar rules,
[that had been put in effect by the Masoretes,]
when you read whatever variant of YHWH that occurred in Psalm 110:1 as
"Jehovah"
and
when you read whatever variant of YHWH that occurred in Psalm 16:2 as
"Jehovah"

I assume that everyone here knows that Hebrew Word #3068
occurs in neither Psalm 110:1 nor in Psalm 16:2

SHOULD THIS PARTICULAR ISSUE BE DROPPED BECAUSE IT IS TOO HOT TO
HANDLE?????
OR
CAN THIS ISSUE BE EXPLAINED VERY EASILY USING SIMPLE HEBREW GRAMMAR RULES
THAT EVERYONE WHO NEEDS TO KNOW IS FULLY AWARE OF????

Dave Donnelly

Penny Stock Jumping 2000%
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4c22b6569bbd31e545st02duc