b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Terah

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Christian <jc.bhebrew AT googlemail.com>
  • To: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Terah
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 19:40:58 +0300

As I've mentioned before on this list my personal research has led me to
favour Urfa as the Ur from which Abram left for Canaan. He is from 'over the
river' not 'over the river and across a massive desert' or 'over the river
and right round the fertile crescent until you've almost pretty much reached
the ocean'.

James Christian