b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Question to Randal

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Uri Hurwitz <uhurwitz AT yahoo.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Question to Randal
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 04:45:09 -0700 (PDT)

   Randall,

   Yes, it is silliness but perhaps not in the sense that
you consider it. Is it right for a list member to give
public tests to another list member?

  Especially when, as anyone with even a slight interest in Heb. epigraphy
knows that the test is taken from Ahituv, with Ahiram the Phoenician etc.
thrown in for spicing?

  And why would you participate in the game and not disclose the fact that
the quote you discuss is Edomite from Horvat 'Uzah?

  Re'akha Hehagav,

  Uri Hurwitz                              Great Neck, NY

  hebrew] Biblical Hebrew orthographical practices in light of epigraphy
Randall Buth randallbuth at gmail.com
Thu May 27 00:12:17 EDT 2010