b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] 1 Kings 20:14 Who are the young men, princes of the districts?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "James Spinti" <JSpinti AT Eisenbrauns.com>
  • To: "B-Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] 1 Kings 20:14 Who are the young men, princes of the districts?
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 17:03:27 -0400

Karl,

A book just arrived recently that might be of interest to you:

Akkadisch in Keilschrifttexten aus Ägypten: Deskriptive Grammatik einer
Interlanguage des späten zweiten vorchristlichen Jahrtausends anhand der
Ramses-Briefe
by Matthias Muller
Alter Orient und Altes Testament - AOAT 373
Ugarit-Verlag, 2010
http://www.eisenbrauns.com/item/MULAKKADI

Situated between Assyriology and Egyptology Matthias Müller's examination
provides the reader with a detailed grammar of the Akkadian texts written by
Egyptians of the late second millennium BCE which have been found outside of
Egypt, mainly in the Hittite capitol Hattussa based on linguistic studies.
The amount of deviations from the standard grammar of Akkadian can only be
understood by the strong influence of Egyptian language spoken by the
writers. This Akkado-Egyptian interlanguage is studied according to its
system of writing, its phonology, morphology and syntax and supplemented by
an edition of selected letters.

You should be able to find it at a library; the AOAT series is well known and
carried by most academic libraries with an ANE department.

James

James Spinti
Marketing Director, Book Sales Division
jspinti at eisenbrauns dot com