b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] how different spellings got into the Hebrew Bible

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Steve Miller" <smille10 AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] how different spellings got into the Hebrew Bible
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 19:06:30 -0400

This article explains how different spellings got into the Hebrew Bible.

http://www.jidaily.com/Ua8faUEIA/f

I would like to know if people agree or disagree with what this author says.
In particular from the paragraph that begins "Before we list other examples
of how the Dead Sea Scrolls influenced-or altered-Bible translations, we
need to understand how ambiguities crept into the text of the Hebrew Bible"
until the paragraph that ends "You shall not keep back the wages of a man."

I would also like to hear what people think about the author's comments
about Zech 9:9 & Isa 40:3 regarding parallelism.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

-Steve Miller
Detroit