b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] ANE Myth and Torah

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Hedrick Gary <GaryH AT cjfm.org>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] ANE Myth and Torah
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 03:01:30 -0600

This is deconstructionism at its best (or worst, depending on your
perspective).

The text speaks for itself:

בְּהַנְחֵל עֶלְיֹון גֹּויִם בְּהַפְרִידֹו בְּנֵי אָדָם יַצֵּב גְּבֻלֹת
עַמִּים לְמִסְפַּר בְּנֵי יִשְׂרָאֵֽל׃

כִּי חֵלֶק יְהֹוָה עַמֹּו יַעֲקֹב חֶבֶל נַחֲלָתֹֽו׃

I should think the burden of proof is on the proponents of this theory to
demonstrate that it is true, rather than on the rest of us to show that it's
not.

Are you sure there are "many" arguers for it?

Gary Hedrick
San Antonio, Texas USA