b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew Matthew (was Syriac)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Christian <jc.bhebrew AT googlemail.com>
  • To: Randall Buth <randallbuth AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew Matthew (was Syriac)
  • Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 11:20:14 +0000

Hi,

> Unfortuantely, meaningful discussion on this list would require high
> control
> of Second Temple Hebrew(s), literary and mishnaic, + Aramaic, + Greek,

This sounds to me like to you meaningful discussion would require that
everyone agrees with your assumptions about second temple Hebrew. When the
conclusions you come to is dictated by your assumptions then, naturally, it
is the assumptions that come into question as they are the very foundation
of your position.

In any case, I'm interested. Why do you think Matthew was originally
composed in Greek?

James Christian