b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Are all 5 of these variants of YHWH all supposed to be read as Elohiym?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: davedonnelly1 <davedonnelly1 AT juno.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Are all 5 of these variants of YHWH all supposed to be read as Elohiym?
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 17:16:30 -0500

I’ve been studying 5 different variants of YHVH that occur in the
Leningrad Codex.
All 5 of these variants of YHVH differ from each other, and all 5 of
these variants of YHVH follow adonai in the particular verses that they
occur in.
They look to me that they might all be Qere readings that were meant to
be read as “Elohiym.
Did the Masoretes who wrote the Leningrad Codex of 1008-1010 A.D. point
these particular five variants of YHVH, as they are pointed, to
specifically advise the Jewish reader to read “Elohiym”.

I have provided links to all five of these variants of YHVH, to show
that each one of them follows Adonai in the on line Leningrad Codex. Note
that in the Ben Chayyim Hebrew Text of 1525 A.D. only one of these
variants occurs, but it occurs 305 times

1. Judges 16:28 http://www.tanach.us/Tanach.xml#Judg16:28-16:28
I choose to call this variant the perfect Qere reading for Elohiym.
This is the variant that occurs 305 time in the Ben Chayyim Hebrew Text
of 1525 A.D. and has the precise same vowels as are found in Elohiym.
[Yod-hatef segol-heh-holem-vav-hireq-heh]

#2. Joshua 7:7 http://www.tanach.us/Tanach.xml#Josh7:7-7:7
[Yod-shewa-heh-vav-hireq-heh]

#3. 1 Kings 2:26 http://www.tanach.us/Tanach.xml#1 Kings2:26-2:26
[Yod-shewa-heh-holem-vav-hireq-heh]

#4. Genesis 15:2 http://www.tanach.us/Tanach.xml#Gen15:2-15:2
[Yod-hatef segol-heh-vav-hireq-heh]

#5. Ezekial 24:24 http://www.tanach.us/Tanach.xml#Ezek24:24-24:24
[Yod-shewa-heh-vav-hireq-heh]

Dave Donnelly

Banking
Click here to find the perfect banking opportunity!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=HV7IKMkkkshF1_dRNYiNDAAAJ1BVGyITH_OGb159rldJgo3SAAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXeAAAAAA=