b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Verb YD( in absolute use

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • To: srshead AT cms.org.au
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Verb YD( in absolute use
  • Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 09:42:42 +0100

Dear Stephen and Rebecca,

Yes, you're right. The English translation having "me" is the so called New
Living Translation (NLT in BW).
While all Spanish versions -with the exception of that you mention- have
"me".
Excuse me, I wasn't accurate enough.
To me the real sense of the issue on discussion is (in Spanish): "... para
que sepáis de qué va la cosa y tengáis fe en mí..." and not "...para que me
conozcáis..."

Heartly

Pere Porta
(Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain)