b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Question about Gen 1:1-2

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: " Marie Casale" <mjcasale AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Question about Gen 1:1-2
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 11:32:58 -0400

Greetings to the group:
I apologize if I have gotten anyone in trouble. I did not mean to get into a
discussion about the theology of the gap theory. The reason I mentioned it
was because I needed to explain why I wanted a correct translation of the
Hebrew words for 'was' and 'became' and which one is correct in verse 2.
Sometimes it is unavoidable to separate discussion of language and theology
because the understanding of true theology depends on correct understanding
of the Hebrew language and the meaning that the text intended to convey.
Hope I have not offended anyone.

If anyone would like to discuss the gap theory in private, my email address
is:
mjcasale AT earthlink.net

Sincerely,
Marie