b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] ve-safah )ahat

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jason Hare <jaihare AT gmail.com>
  • To: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] ve-safah )ahat
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 00:27:04 +0300

Hey, Mark. Linguists do not generally accept the story of Genesis.
Languages can be traced back to several families, which are not in any
measurable way similar to one another. It doesn't seem possible that
there was a single parent language that produced all of these
languages, at least from the linguistic perspective.

Best regards,
Jason Hare
Rehovot, Israel