b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] HITPAEL as mutual action

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] HITPAEL as mutual action
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 12:30:01 +1000

I think we're on the same page, Karl. Yes, I think it is another person who
angers the king, but the anger of the king is a by-product of an action that
occurs within the subject. That is, it has the feel to me of unintentionally
crossing the king, rather than deliberately crossing him. I therefore like
your translation choice, 'cross', because I think it conveys the action well.

Regards,

GEORGE ATHAS
www.moore.edu.au