b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Yemot Hamashiach

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • To: uhurwitz AT yahoo.com
  • Cc: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Yemot Hamashiach
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 19:12:53 -0500

Uri,

I can not wait for Yemot Hamashiach since I am sure he will be on my side.
The difference of opinion between me and you, and some other members of this list, is a result of the fact that I firmly believe we don't know how ancient Hebrew sounded, and accordingly I refuse to accept any argument based on semi vowels, short vowels, long vowels, and doubling. I also detest the so misnomered schwa NA(.
I think that leaning on Arabic is futile.

Isaac Fried, Boston University