b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] hatuf patah under the lamed (LHBDYL) in Gen 1, 18 and Lev 10, 10

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • To: Laurent Pinchard <ougaritique AT yahoo.fr>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] hatuf patah under the lamed (LHBDYL) in Gen 1, 18 and Lev 10, 10
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 08:24:57 -0500

Laurent,

It is possibly a mistake or a deviant. My Hebrew bible from school has a schwa under the L in both Genesis and Leviticus, and it is so also in the on-line bible of mechon-mamre at http://www.mechon- mamre.org/i/t/t0.htm
Of course anything can be explained one way or another.

Isaac Fried, Boston University