b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Any meaning to the Dagesh?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • To: Jason Hare <jaihare AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Any meaning to the Dagesh?
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 13:04:34 -0500

Jason,

I am sorry, but you should leave "the rest of us" out.
As I said before, the difference between the PATAX and the QAMAC is not clear to me and I therefore forbear any explanation based on their supposed difference.
I agree that under certain circumstances HE- is more convenient than HA-.
I agree with the observation of "Brak" that the complete removal of the dgeshim from the Hebrew text will not affect its meaning. I have not seen yet a counterexample to this.
The text is surely sacred but the elusive early NAQDANIM were possibly not even rabbinical Jews.

Isaac Fried, Boston University