b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel and history

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Rolf Furuli <furuli AT online.no>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel and history
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 16:17:25 +0100

Dear Thory,

It is not correct that the whole issue hinges on the lexical understanding of a single word. I suggest that you read through the whole book of Jeremiah and compare all the verses that speak about the condition of Jerusalem and Judah during the exile when it kept sabbath, that the land was a desolate waste without men and animal. To claim that this condition continued after the people returned to Judah and started to rebuild the temple is special pleading.

Best regards,

Rolf Furuli
University of Oslo