b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Three again...

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Yodan" <yodan AT yodanco.com>
  • To: "'Bruce Prince'" <bruceprince AT bigpond.com>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Three again...
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 11:58:55 -0800

Thanks for this interesting info. There seems to be something about the age
of three. Related or not, it is the age that boys began attending Jewish
school (called Heder = room). It is also the age Jewish boys (in families
who observe this custom) get their first haircut (known in Yiddish as
Upshering) on their 3rd birthday. And, to the best of my knowledge, is the
age that is considered the time that people start remembering what's
happening in their lives.

Rivka