b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Why from right to left?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: TedBro AT aol.com
  • To: sesamox AT hotmail.com, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Why from right to left?
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 08:06:17 EST

Hi, All:

I've heard a theory that the first writings were chiseled into stone. With a
chisel in the left hand and a hammer in the right, it would be easiest to
move from right to left.

How though could we go about testing such a hypothesis? I'm afraid that
answers to such questions will always remain in the realm of speculation.

Peace,
Ted Brownstein

In a message dated 11/20/2008 3:31:46 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,