b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] M$QH at Genesis 13: 10: Where Did Lot Go?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] M$QH at Genesis 13: 10: Where Did Lot Go?
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 09:21:14 -0700

Yigal:
I would add to that that population densities were also different at
different periods.

For example, looking at the way conditions in the land of Canaan were talked
about during the times of the Patriarchs, it appears that the land was
largely uninhabited. Places that later had towns and fields were at that
time pastures. Beersheba was apparently merely a well surrounded by
pastures, no town in existence, likewise I get that impression about
Bethlehem too. Therefore a person like Abraham and his sons need not live at
the fringe of the desert. Even so, the land around Sodom would have appealed
to Lot as being more lush.

Karl W. Randolph.