b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Gen 49:26

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bruce Prince" <bruceprince AT bigpond.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Gen 49:26
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 10:04:49 +1000

The blessings that Jacob wished for Joseph were to surpass even the
blessings that his parents had passed on to him. Joseph is referred to here,
and in Deut 33.16, literally, as "the separated one," the nazir, because of
the way in which he preserved his virtue and piety in pagan Egypt.

Bruce Prince
(Australia)

Eva Ritsema wrote:
> ERV Genesis 49:26 The blessings of thy father Have prevailed above
> the blessings of my progenitors Unto the utmost bound of the ever-
> lasting hills: They shall be on the head of Joseph, And on the crown
> of the head of him that was separate ( ryzIn" naziyr ) from his brethren.

> What does this mean?

EVA RITSEMA

  • [b-hebrew] Gen 49:26, Bruce Prince, 09/26/2008