b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] sons

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: "b-Hebrew List" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] sons
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 08:24:09 -0700

Doug:
Good try.

This is a case where one must look at how a word is used differently than in
English. The usual meaning is "to master, be a master" but here it is used
to picture being a loving master as a man is a master to his woman.

Also look at the context, the subject is not a woman, rather Zion, and
Zion's metaphorical children will be loving masters of Zion.

Karl W. Randolph.