b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Num. 32:42

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Edgar Johnston" <eddielilo AT verizon.net>
  • To: <pporta AT oham.net>, "Yigal Levin" <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>, "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>, <biblicalist AT yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Num. 32:42
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 08:51:46 -0400

Yigal,

I don't have time myself, but you probably need to check the discussion in
Gesenius (sections 8m, footnote 1, 14a-d, 58g, 91e, 103g (end), 14d (for the
4x it is found in aleph). Someone has already mentioned the possibility of
a he directive (1 Kgs 2:40 - he went to Gath), but there are various
possibilities whether one agrees with Gensenius or not. Meantime
phonological studies have gone forward. Newer studies in phonology and
morphology should be consulted. Best wishes,

Edgar Johnston