b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] bgdkpt (was: About Dagesh's)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • To: Yaakov Stein <yaakov_s AT rad.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] bgdkpt (was: About Dagesh's)
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 22:20:54 -0400

Yaakov,

I will write B for the hard Hebrew bet, V for a soft bet, and W for waw, and recall, in connection with what you are saying, the useful latter-day override to the BGDKP"T rule: HIT-XAVER [not HIT-XAWER], 'he became friendly with someone', as opposed to HIT-XABER, he hitched himself to something', both from the root XBR.

Isaac Fried, Boston University