b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] K)RW with alef as mater lectionis?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Charles Grebe <cgrebe AT briercrest.ca>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] K)RW with alef as mater lectionis?
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 13:09:06 -0600

Hi Ken,

So I assume the usage of the term "radical" in Samuel Lee's grammar (below)
is different. I assume he does NOT mean root letters.

Lee lists a select number of what he calls "servile" letters (משה איתן וכלה)
and then says the others are radical, but clearly these so called "servile"
letters also function as root letters. Are you familiar with Lee's usage of
radical and servile?

Charles Grebe
Director of Distance Learning
Briercrest College and Seminary
www.briercrest.ca

Invite the next generation of students to consider Briercrest College and
Seminary. Visit www.briercrest.ca/refer.
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged proprietary material for
the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, or distribution or
recipient, or authorized to receive the information from the recipient,
please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this
message.