b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] PDF file of biblical Hebrew text wanted.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Martin Shields <enkidu AT bigpond.net.au>
  • To: b-hebrew Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] PDF file of biblical Hebrew text wanted.
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 19:41:52 +1100

I just want to note that cutting from the WLC text available at http://www.tanach.us/ (using Firefox or Camino) and pasting into Mellel (http://www.mellel.com/ ) using either the Ezra SIL or SBL Hebrew fonts results in an extremely good quality reproduction which may then be printed as a PDF file. Apple's Pages word processor and, I believe, the latest version of Microsoft Word will allow PDF files to be inserted as though they were images (but they retain the scalability and quality of the PDF).

Not the ideal solution, but using Mellel certainly seems to produce the best results in this instance.

Regards,

Martin Shields,
Sydney, Australia.