b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Abraham, Sarah, Lot, etc.-Leviticus 18:7

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kenneth greifer <greifer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Abraham, Sarah, Lot, etc.-Leviticus 18:7
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 18:47:54 +0000

Jim,

Recently you said that Leviticus 18:7 does not mean a daughter and father are
not forbidden to each other, but only a son and his parents are forbidden to
each other. I assume it is because the rule is given with "you" masculine
singular. I asked you if that is the same as in the ten commandments where it
also uses "you" masculine singular. Do you think women were allowed to break
some of the ten commandments? So far, you must have forgotten to answer me,
or you didn't notice my email.

Kenneth Greifer
The best games are on Xbox 360. Click here for a special offer on an Xbox
360 Console.

  • [b-hebrew] Abraham, Sarah, Lot, etc.-Leviticus 18:7, kenneth greifer, 01/01/2008