b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Proverbs 16:27

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kenneth greifer <greifer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Proverbs 16:27
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 20:07:13 +0000

Proverbs 16:27 says something like "an evil man digs up (plots?) evil, and it
burns like a fire on his lips." (I am not sure about that translation.)

If you divide the letters differently it could say "a man of evil is the
furnace (kaf vav resh spelled kaf resh) of evil (hay resh ayin hay), and upon
his lips it (evil?) burns like a fire." It is a wild guess, but as a
coincidence, I think it is interesting.

Kenneth Greifer

You keep typing, we keep giving. Download Messenger and join the i’m
Initiative now.