b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Two X letters

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • To: Yitzhak Sapir <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Two X letters
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 16:52:39 -0400

Yitzhak,

Being fluent in both Hebrew and Yiddish I know that Zuckerman's claim is inherently wrong. Also your claim that Hebrew owes "a lot of debt to Yiddish" is not, in my knowledge, even remotely substantiated. And what is "a lot", does this constitute a measure for something?

Isaac Fried, Boston University