b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Was Schewa really silent?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • To: Jason Hare <jaihare AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Was Schewa really silent?
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 14:20:46 -0400

Jason,

I am sorry, but I am afraid you are deluding yourself. I am listening very carefully to the intonation of 'vertical' on the American Heritage Dictionary on my computer desktop and fail to hear anything in it but 'verticl', with the 'c' and the 'l' abutting with not even a wisp of thin wind coming between them.

Isaac Fried, Boston University