b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] chalal

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "biblical hebrew" <jcr.bhebrew AT gmail.com>
  • To: "kenneth greifer" <greifer AT hotmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] chalal
  • Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 15:55:12 +0100

Hi,

my instinctual response to your suggestion would be that most verbs can be
used in this way - with a literal meaning or a poetically figurative usage.
One thing to bear in mind, though, is that you quote Psalm usage which is,
by definition, poetic and so carries a much higher probability of displaying
the kind of figurative usage you suggest.

http://www.lamie.org/hebrew - thesis1: concept driven machine
translation using the Aleppo codex
http://www.lamie.org/lad-sim.doc - thesis2: language acquisition simulation