b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Pronoun resolution

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "biblical hebrew" <jcr.bhebrew AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Pronoun resolution
  • Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 00:48:02 +0100

Hi All,

I have a question for everybody which I would greatly appreciate _any_ help
or suggestions on. One of the problems in any translation exercise is the
resolution of pronouns (he/she/it/they) either explicit or implied (by verb
forms). So the question I want to ask is the following. What techniques do
you use to resolve who or what implicit and explicit pronouns are referring
to in any given biblical Hebrew text?

http://www.lamie.org/hebrew - thesis1: concept driven machine
translation using the Aleppo codex
http://www.lamie.org/lad-sim.doc - thesis2: language acquisition simulation