b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] two quotes like Genesis 24:16

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "kenneth greifer" <greifer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] two quotes like Genesis 24:16
  • Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 00:10:35 +0000

If a woman had some children, and then became infertile, would she still be called "barren"? I thought barren meant that the person never had children, so saying she was barren and did not give birth before in Judges 13:2-3 was an unnecessary repetition. I did not think about the possibility that a barren person could have already had children.

Kenneth Greifer