b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Exodus 34:28

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Harold Holmyard <hholmyard3 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Exodus 34:28
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 06:00:47 -0500

Dear John,
Why about in verse 1 of that same chapter where God says to Moses "I will write upon..."?

Thanks for pointing out that verse. Perhaps it is like a newlywed couple who say, "We're going to build a house when we return from our honeymoon." They actually contract it out, and construction workers fabricate the building. But since it was their idea and their savings that they invested into the project, they can rightly speak of building the house. The ten commandments were ultimately God's idea and project. Moses may have written the words the second time, but they still were God's vehicle for governing Israel. So Moses could correspond to the construction workers.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard