b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Definite article Isaiah 7:14

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: JoeWallack AT aol.com
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Definite article Isaiah 7:14
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 11:28:53 EDT

In a message dated 6/8/2007 4:46:28 PM Central Daylight Time,
kenneth AT messianicmistakes.com writes:

Joe,

What exactly are you trying to prove by discussing the definite article in
Isaiah 7:14? I don't see how it makes a big difference if it means "the" or
"a" young woman or virgin or whatever people want to think it means.

Sincerely,

Kenneth Greifer

Shalom chaver. The Definite article is evidence that the young woman in
question was known to Isaiah and his immediate audience within the context of
the
Narrative. You and I need to be careful to restrict our argument to
Translation and not Interpretation. If the Issue becomes Polemical The Sage
List
Owners will close it. Remember what happened the last time we tried to have a

Public Polemic in the 1300s.

Joseph