b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Masoretes' Error in MT Psalm 8:5?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Jason Hare" <jaihare AT gmail.com>
  • To: Philip <philipengmann AT yahoo.com>, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Masoretes' Error in MT Psalm 8:5?
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 09:10:44 -0500

Error correction: Of course, I mean "you would/will REMEMBER him."

Yours,
Jason Hare
Joplin, Missouri > Ra'anana (Israel)

On 5/9/07, Jason Hare <jaihare AT gmail.com> wrote:
In addition to what Yitzhak has already commented:

Your statement that "tiphqedenu (verse 5) is the only one of these
verbs that is not an emphatic piel verb" is false. The verb TZKRNW
תזכרנו ("you would/will him") is not piel either. It is qal. The
non-suffixed form is TZKWR תזכור ("you would/will remember"). The
hypothetical piel form of this word would be T.:ZAK.:REN.W.
תְּזַכְּרֶנּוּ (tezakrenu), since the piel imperfect would be formed
T.:ZAK."R תְּזַכֵּר (tezaker). As far as I know, this root does not
have a piel form.

<snip>
B$LWM,
Jason